Sweet Whirl / Something I Do

Another thing pushed my way - I am toooooooo passive that way sometimes - with conviction and enthusiasm. I could see why it would fill a hole. It is sympathetic and stretchy and pliable enough to sound like its sentiments extend to YOU...yes YOU...and I think it is quite sincere...but until the final refrain "loving you is just something I do"  - which is direct and unfussy and I like the way it leans on the vernacular without breaking it - but its effect is lost because the only good bit is put back to the end of a laboured song that is flattened by its over produced under production (you know the way) and weary of-the-moment (that moment now being five years long) Lana-lite vocals. I told her, "Has potential though" - and this time I wasn't lying!!

No comments: